Blade sharpening course
The sharpening course is hosted in Izlab MakerSpace within at Ex–Incet factory.
The theoretical and practical lessons dedicated to the world of knives, scissors and various types of chisels.
The participants will practice with water grindstone, sharpening stones, honing steel.
Le theoretical and practical lessons will be dedicated
to the world of knives, scissors and various types of chisels.
The arguments addressed will be:
• description of the objects to be sharpened and their parts
• characteristics of the materials of the instruments
• types and methods of sharpening
• sharpening with a water wheel
• sharpening with water stones
• sharpening with honing steel
Lessons are taught by Alessandro Campanella, designer and maker who has long been passionate about the world of cutlery.
The course is organized in collaboration with the brand Alexander and Bufalo.
Participants must bring with them a kitchen knife, preferably with a blade of about 15 cm in length, in order to be train their sharpening skill.