Blade sharpening course
Blade sharpening course in Turin. The course is hosted at Izlab MakerSpace within the Ex-Incet compendium.
The course is hosted at Izlab MakerSpace within the Ex-Incet compendium.
Theoretical-practical course of sharpening with water grinder, with water stones and sharpener.
The lessons are held by Alessandro Campanella, a designer and maker who has long been passionate about the world of cutlery.
Teoretichal-practical lessonswill be dedicated
To the world of knives, scissors and various types of chisels.
The topicsaddressed will be:
• description of the objects to be sharpened and their parts
• characteristics of the materials of the instruments
• types and methods of sharpening
• sharpening with water wheel
• sharpening with water stones
• sharpening with flintlock
The course is organized in collaboration with the Alexanderand Bufalo brand.
Participants are required to bring a kitchen knife with them during lessons, preferably with a blade of about 15 cm in length, in order to be able to practice sharpening themselves.
It might also interest you